Thursday, November 13, 2008

Around the World in 80 Days

Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne.

I like Jules Verne stories, and I liked this one alot. Phileas Fogg is the main character who makes a wager with his Reform Club friends that he can go around the world in 80 days. He says what route he will take and how long each part will take. He bets half his fortune that he will make it back. They dont believe he can do it but take the wager anyway.
It tells all about his journey, mainly through the adventures and experiences of Passpartout, his newly hired servant. I loved the ending and I wanted to yell at him to make it to the Reform Club before time was out. If you like old books like that, then you'll like this one.

The next books on my reading list: (not necessarily in order)

The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
20000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne

I have more books that I will read, but I will not add them to this list quite yet. I will be reading some LDS books in the near future, and those will be put on my other blog, Everything LDS!, so hop on over there if that's what your looking for.

No comments: