Saturday, August 1, 2009

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

This book is a book about two boys and a carnival where things are not as they seem.
The house of mirrors shows you who you really are, the carousel plays the calliope backwards while in reverse, and the freaks are not who they seem to be.
Written so it takes place over just two or three days, it's not a slow read. It's well written in the classic Bradbury style.
I like how the story seems to be that eventually you become your sins and your doings. It's not a big part, but it is a part.
Now, I would like to see this in movie form. I hear that there is a movie out there, but I have yet to see it.
Anywho, sorry for this short and sparse review, but all I can say is I loved it! Who doesn't like Bradbury? I mean really?

No comments: